My PBs

1x1x1-0.00, 2x2x2-2.04, 3x3x3-19.87 (lucky), 24.xx (non-lucky), 4x4x4-4:43.xx, 5x5x5-12:18.xx, 6x6x6-around 30 mins, 7x7x7-hours and hours, Megaminx-5:12.64, Square-1-1:34.26, Void Cube-1:43.77, Mirror Blocks-4:16.63, Rubik's Twist-11.26

Search The Cuber's Corner

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

LanLan 2x2x2 vs. Eastsheen 2x2x2

In this post, I will be comparing the LanLan 2x2x2 with the Eastsheen 2x2x2. So let's get to it.

First, I will be talking about the price of the cubes and where you can get it. The LanLan 2x2x2 is rather cheap. You can get them for around 4 bucks on Popbuying. Compare this to the Eastsheen. I got mine for like 8 or 9 bucks on eBay.

Next, I will be talking about the stickers and size. I have had the Eastsheen for about 6 months now, and there are only minor peels on the clear outer layers. From what I've heard as of now, the Eastsheen's stickers are better, but I'll see for myself. The Eastsheen and the LanLan are the same size. They are around 2x2x2 inches (5.08x5.08x5.08 cm.) large. This is a very good size to handle 2x2x2s. Comparing this to the Rubik's Ice Cubes, the LanLan and the Eastsheen are easier to handle with than the Rubik's Ice Cube. Both the LanLan and the Eastsheen 2x2x2 have the correct color scheme, despite magenta (on Eastsheen) and purple (on LanLan) instead of orange.

Now, I will be talking about the internal mechanism. I do not know about the Eastsheen 2x2x2's inner mechanism, so I will only be talking about the LanLan 2x2x2's inner mechanism. The LanLan 2x2x2's inner mechanism is like a 3x3x3, with edge pieces except the core axis is on a corner piece and the edge pieces arent colored. The corners are large and they cover the edge pieces inside the core. There is a screw-spring mechanism, which means it can cut corners really well. The LanLan 2x2x2 is easy to disassemble and reassemble. I have done it like ten times, no problemo.

This part is about the gliding of the two cubes. I just love hoew the Esatsheen glides. With little force, it can glide 180 degrees to 270 degrees, sometimes even 360 degrees or 450 degrees with a little more force. I have nothing to say, the Eastsheen just has perfect gliding. The LanLan is also pretty good at gliding, even though it doesn't beat the Eastsheen. At regular force, the LanLan usually glides about 90-120 degrees. Not bad. Wit more force, it can get up to 180-270 degrees. The LanLan and the Eastsheen are both great gliders, so in that topic, they both get full score.

Then, I will be talking about smoothness and corner cutting. Both the LanLan and the Eastsheen are very smooth on all sides, except the Eastsheen is a little tiny tad-bit sandy. The Eastsheen does not have a modified screw-spring mechanism core, so corner cutting is at most 10 degrees, or about a quarter of a cubie. The LanLan, on the other hand, has a modified core so it can cut corners easily at large angles, like 20 degrees (4/10 of a cubie). And with some force, 30 degrees (6/10 of a cubie) are possible.

Last, I will be talking about pops and lock-ups. Eastsheen 2x2x2 has no pops and no lockups. LanLan 2x2x2 may pop or lock-up if treated badly.

Overall Impression. The LanLan 2x2x2 is a little better than the Eastsheens mainly in the price category and the corner cutting category. Both really good cubes, but I'd have to say that LanLan 2x2x2s are better than Eastsheens.

No comments:

Post a Comment